- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The de Blasio op-ed about his relationship with his donors went over really really well with one of the donors he vaguely alluded to in it.
- City Council Member Ben Kallos was apparently harassed by his mother’s boyfriend, who yelled “Your mother is dying!”
- A man in California looked at the eclipse while wearing bogus eclipse glasses and now has eclipse-shaped damage to his retinas.
- What's the deal with all these people talking darkly about "the Russian soul"?
- An upstate lawmaker wants to give the Amish and Mennonites an exemption from the state's photo ID requirement for a gun license.
- Like other storms in large cities before it, Harvey is going to devastate Houston’s working poor.
- According to Matt Damon, if you want to shoot a movie scene in a building owned by Donald Trump, you have to write in a part for him.
- A very good #Teen is taking advantage of a loophole in state law and running for governor or Vermont.
- And finally, she keeps on passing me by:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today