- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- This week's special issue of The NY Times Magazine is dedicated entirely to love in NYC over the course of a single day—and that includes 24 cover photos of people kissing.
- Betsy DeVos told a Senate committee that the federal commission on school safety will not focus on the role guns play in school violence.
- A woman reportedly ordered KFC just so the delivery guy would kill a spider.
- Comedians including Colin Jost, Michael Che, Julie Klausner, and Pete Holmes give advice to their younger selves.
- Today's scammer is British designer and painter Larissa Watson, who was arrested in Italy after allegedly trying to steal a yacht from an exclusive Portofino resort on the Italian Riviera.
- Paul Ryan dismissed Trump's paranoia over people spying on his campaign.
- Feral peacocks are attacking luxury cars after seeing their own reflections.
- The aide to Scott Pruitt at the EPA who regularly spent her days doing personal tasks for Pruitt has resigned—when reached for comment by The Atlantic, EPA spokesperson Jahan Wilcox said, "You have a great day, you’re a piece of trash."
- Mitch Hurwitz talked about the Jeffrey Tambor/Jessica Walter Arrested Development incident: "I’m guilty of not realizing how deeply upsetting that was for Jessica."
- Watch the first trailer for A Star Is Born, aka 2 Crazy 2 Heart.
- TBS will "have more scrutiny" over Samantha Bee's show after last week's feckless backlash.
- Tom Jones has a secret son who is a NJ busker.
- And finally, this pup can really fly:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today