- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- "Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency." The New York Times has published a big dive into two decades of Trump's tax records: "the records show that he depends more and more on making money from businesses that put him in potential and often direct conflict of interest with his job as president."
- Enter the Miami Heat quarantine bubble: one team, two competing coffee shops.
- As we all head inside because of colder temperatures, some tips on avoiding COVID-19 transmission indoors.
- Knicks owner James Dolan donated $50,000 to the GOP opponent of Staten Island Congressman Max Rose after learning that Rose complained to TMZ that he’s “driving the team into the ground.”
- Totally normal election season we got here, as a New Jersey prosecutor’s office is assembling a “civil unrest team” staffed by “30 officers to defuse potentially violent confrontations” on Election Day.
- “I have a 2 year old & we’re struggling just to eat everyday. it’s insane.” A heartbreaking look at how Reddit has become a gathering spot for Americans to swap their tales of unemployment and hunger.
- NFL great Joe Montana and his wife Jennifer confronted a woman who broke into his Malibu home and took his sleeping grandchild out of his playpen -- “after a tussle, law enforcement officials say Jennifer Montana pried the child” away from the woman.
- New York’s studios and rehearsal spaces are opening back up, and one performer rejoiced that “finally, I’m not just singing to my dog.”
- And finally, sometimes that dog will sing to you:
Extra Extra: The End Of Big Face Coffee's $20 Latte Monopoly
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: