- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Arizona Representative Raul Grijalva has tested positive for COVID-19 after he attended a congressional hearing Tuesday and sat near Texas Representative Louie Gohmert, who earlier this week confirmed he had the coronavirus after refusing to wear a mask on the hill.
- A Toms River, NJ homeowner was cited by local police for renting out their pool for a party attended by an estimated 85 children who were dropped off and picked up at the home in two passenger busses.
- Netflix is allowing viewers on Android mobile devices to speed up or slow down playback of their programming.
- Milan is finishing its bike-lane network six years earlier than their official deadline of hosting the 2026 Winter Olympics.
- On the 54th anniversary of the University of Texas Tower sniper shooting, read this Texas Monthly oral history about the attack that made clear “that any group of people, anywhere—even walking around a university campus on a summer day—could be killed at random by a stranger.”
- Berliners missing a clog or Croc ought to check for fox tracks in their shoe closets.
- Two NASA astronauts who traveled to the International Space Station via SpaceX’s Crew Dragon are scheduled to return on Sunday after a two-month journey.
- And finally, greetings to this lil’ red panda fur baby born last month at the Oregon Zoo:
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today