- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The AP reports that around 99.9% of people hospitalized in May for COVID-19 were unvaccinated. “The majority of them express some regret for not being vaccinated,” one doctor said. “That’s a pretty common refrain that we’re hearing from patients with COVID.”
- What should you do if you are vaccinated but test positive for COVID?
- Speaking of which, Israel, which has been one of the global leaders in vaccinating its citizens, is dealing with a new COVID outbreak among younger people.
- Why has critical race theory suddenly become such a lightning rod of controversy for conservatives?
- Vulture has tons of pieces in honor of Conan O'Brien's last episode tonight, including tributes from fellow comedians; Conan writers talking about their favorite memories of the show; and a consideration of how this will affect stand-up comics.
- First person narrative of the day: "Experience: I swallowed one of my AirPods."
- Revel says it plans to launch Tesla taxis in the city despite the TLC voting to bar new for-hire licenses for electric vehicles.
- Oh no, Winston Marshall quit Mumford and Sons because he doesn't want to stop promoting conservative talking points, how awful for their fan.
- On this day in 1937, a story was written about a group of disgruntled locals trying to ban dogs from NYC.
- A bouncer at Barcade apparently tried to card Rihanna the other night.
- Listen to a raucous new song from post-industrial group Yvette, as well as "Tectonic," the new single from Tirzah.
- And finally, this dog is me:
Extra Extra: A Fond Farewell To Conan O’Brien's Show
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: