- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Olivia Troye, who worked as homeland security, counterterrorism and coronavirus adviser to Vice President Mike Pence for two years before leaving in August, says that she is voting for Joe Biden because Trump’s response to the pandemic showed a “flat out disregard for human life” because his “main concern was the economy and his reelection."
- But most other Republicans remain solidly "indifferent to Trump controversies" such as lying to the public about the pandemic.
- Vanity Fair reports that Jared Kushner was the person who decided the federal government was not going to help out states at the start of the pandemic: “Free markets will solve this,” Kushner said dismissively. “That is not the role of government.”
- Facebook employees fear that Mark Zuckerberg's commitment to free speech is "more about protecting the president than the company’s ideals."
- Skyhorse has made a name for itself as the publisher of books by Michael Cohen, Roger Stone, Woody Allen, and Alan Dershowitz—and unsurprisingly, it's reportedly a total nightmare place to work behind-the-scenes.
- Trump talked about promoting "patriotic education," railed against “critical race theory” and “left-wing indoctrination,” and said other nonsense during a pro-propaganda speech at the National Archives Museum today.
- Tatiana Maslany will play the title character in Marvel’s She-Hulk series for Disney Plus.
- Here's a look at what it's like participating in a coronavirus vaccine trial.
- I've got some real problems with this list ranking the best TV theme songs of all time (although it's hard to argue with their number one pick).
- And finally, PERFECT STICK SELECTION:
Extra Extra: Trump Launches Commission On "Patriotic Education" Your Children Will Learn To Love, Respect
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: