- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- CNN reports that Donald Trump lied when he said he was being "sarcastic" when he asked medical experts yesterday to look into the possibility of injecting disinfectant as a treatment for the coronavirus.
- Maybe this is why Trump brought it up in the first place: the leader of a fringe group peddling bleach as coronavirus "cure" wrote to Trump this week.
- What was the NY Times thinking in their coverage of the Trump bleach story?
- Stacey Abrams thinks Joe Biden can become the next president—if he picks her to be his veep.
- These photos of Ben Affleck smoking under his face mask are already timeless classics of pandemic-era photography.
- Everyone agrees: it's the perfect time to get a dog! What are you waiting for?! I want to get a second one right now!!
- Stephen Miller told White House supporters in a private call this week that Trump's anti-immigrant executive order "is part of a long-term vision and not seen only as a stopgap."
- We're apparently living in a golden age of auto-fellatio.
- Cut my life into pieces, this is Stereogum's interview with the frontman of Papa Roach about "Last Resort."
- The Navy's top officials recommended that Capt. Brett E. Crozier, who was fired by a political appointee of Trump after sending a letter pleading for help to fight the coronavirus on his aircraft carrier, should be restored to command of the aircraft carrier Theodore Roosevelt.
- You're not going back to your normal office life for a long, long time, so get used to it.
- What does NYC sound like when there's nobody outside?
- And finally, let this be your weekend inspiration:
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today