- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Times has a chart tracking which news outlets have called various races so far.
- State officials agree: Trump's claims of election fraud are totally false and unfounded.
- Georgia's secretary of state said that there will be a recount given the tight margin.
- The Atlantic has a stark warning about who may follow in Trump's footsteps: "Make no mistake: The attempt to harness Trumpism—without Trump, but with calculated, refined, and smarter political talent—is coming."
- Here's the story behind that really good electoral map that depicts "the actual count of red and blue votes in counties across the nation as simple circles, their size proportional to the number of votes."
- The mayor of Philadelphia wants Trump to "put his big boy pants on" and acknowledge the fact he's lost the election.
- Some soothing animal content for the day: Scott Hodges, a UPS driver in Newberg, Oregon, has been posting photos of local dogs as they come to visit him on his truck.
- Pennsylvania lieutenant governor John Fetterman is the second best mascot for the state after Gritty.
- The Washington Post reports that a Republican firm run by a top aide to Trump’s 2020 campaign appears to have helped send unmarked text messages this week urging supporters in Philadelphia to protest outside where votes were being counted.
- Here's a nice story about the joys of fostering a "one-eyed goblin."
- Twitter has permanently banned an account belonging to Steve Bannon after he called for the beheading of Dr. Anthony Fauci and FBI Director Christopher Wray.
- Everyone is entitled to a “knuffelcontact,” a.k.a. a cuddle buddy, during Belgium's new lockdown.
- Johnny Depp announced that he will depart the Fantastic Beasts franchise.
- This is truly the most beautifully awful thing I've seen on the Internet all week, and that is saying something.
- And finally, time to dive into the weekend feeling a little less anxious:
Extra Extra: Who Is Your Knuffelcontact?
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: