- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- New Yorkers were really excited about the hospital boat arriving today—perhaps a bit too excited.
- Certain people are trying to turn social distancing from a public health issue into a political act, and that's causing its own mini culture war.
- But hey, it turns out social distancing, saving lives and saving the economy are all mutually complementary things.
- Adolescence is "a necessarily selfish stage of human development," but it's kind of a problem during a pandemic, especially when all teens want to do is hang out with each other.
- For the 10th anniversary of their classic album High Violet, The National are streaming their 2010 BAM premiere show.
- The GOP remains intent on dismantling the Affordable Care Act.
- Stereogum has compiled a massive oral history of MySpace Music.
- Here's an interview with a 90-something-year-old optimist: "I’m always thinking how worse it was when we were under the German occupation, where every minute, our lives were at risk; literally, being in the ghetto and being in hiding. So if I was able to live through that, what the heck is coronavirus?"
- The Times argues that among the social impacts of the coronavirus "is its swift dismantling of the cult of celebrity."
- A New Jersey woman was charged with violating the state's stay at home order after she went outside to throw a molotov cocktail at her boyfriend's house.
- John Krasinski launched a "news network" dedicated to spreading good news, and spent a bunch of time reminiscing about The Office with Steve Carrell.
- After news came out that John Prine had been hospitalized with coronavirus, Jeff Tweedy, Big Thief's Adrianne Lenker and Colin Meloy all separately uploaded videos of themselves covering his music.
- And finally, it's a perfect time to really focus on some longterm goals:
Extra Extra: New Yorkers Neglect Social Distancing To Watch Boat Dock
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: