- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Oh good (not good): the United States has formally notified the United Nations that it is withdrawing from the World Health Organization.
- Meanwhile, Texas says new coronavirus cases jumped by more than 10,000 for the first time.
- NBC reports that multiple White House officials are venting privately, quietly, to no one in particular, that they are frustrated over Trump’s latest embrace of a "message stoking racial and cultural divisions."
- Here's a brief history of all the people and things Donald Trump tried (and failed) to get canceled before he railed against "cancel culture."
- Staten Island has scrapped their deer vasectomy program for the rest of the year.
- Vulture writes about how Comedy Central is changing rapidly under the new direction of Chris McCarthy, investing in more movies, expanding The Daily Show and more.
- Here's why post office delivery trucks keep catching on fire.
- An upcoming book describes how Katie Miller, who is married to Stephen Miller, is an "unwavering defender" of the White House's policy of separating children from their migrant parents. She said that her "family and colleagues told me that when I have kids I'll think about the separations differently. But I don't think so...DHS sent me to the border to see the separations for myself — to try to make me more compassionate — but it didn't work."
- The founders of Ample Hills are leaving the company less than a month after the bankrupt creamery sold to Oregonian manufacturing company Schmitt Industries.
- Disney World theme parks are still planning to reopen in Florida on Saturday, despite...everything.
- Civil rights organizations criticized Facebook following a meeting with the company’s top executives today, claiming the company hasn’t taken demands to get rid of hate speech and misinformation seriously: “Facebook approached our meeting today like it was nothing more than a PR exercise."
- And finally, do either of these two have a license for that vehicle?!
Extra Extra: A Brief History Of All The People & Things Donald Trump Has Tried To Cancel
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: