- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- This is real life: Trump referred to himself as "the Chosen One" today during a press conference.
- Being a home health aide is the hardest job in America.
- Are you going to be able to see The Irishman in theaters? Uh, maybe...
- Test your knowledge of the 50 states with this NY Times photo travel quiz.
- Splinter writes about how Trump is gaslighting American Jews: "Trump is an anti-Semite who is incapable of seeing Jewish Americans as actual Americans. He is weaponizing his anti-Semitism for personal political gains, and seemingly has no concerns about what that might lead to."
- Taylor Swift reportedly plans to re-record her back catalogue to regain control of her masters.
- Scores of children born through artificial insemination have learned from DNA tests that their biological fathers were actually the doctors who performed the procedure.
- A lot of celebrities fell for a really dumb Instagram hoax.
- All it took was one phone call for Trump to give up on gun control reform and kowtow to the NRA.
- Do you know where your friends are at all times?
- Neil Young opens up about his obsessive quest to improve music-streaming quality in this NY Times Magazine feature that ends up delving into the relationship between sound and children's developing brains.
- Did everyone maybe freak out a bit too much about U2 putting a free album on their iPhones?
- Is Zardulu behind this fish which appears to have two mouths?
- Young Thug has released the most fun rap record of 2019—and he isn't done releasing new music this year either.
- And finally, this dog knows how to give great face:
when your dog wants to take a selfie
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) August 20, 2019