- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Politico reports on how local politics and Donald Trump turned the Gateway Program into a $30 billion grudge match.
- Trump apparently sent Kim Jong-un a CD with Elton John's "Rocket Man" on it (signed by Trump, of course).
- That Roe v Wade movie is even more of a disaster than you thought possible.
- According to a disturbing AP report, the US Army has started quietly discharging immigrant recruits and reservists.
- Finally, NYC is catering to people who want to camp but don't actually want to do anything involved with camping.
- ProPublica has a follow up on the 6-year-old migrant girl whose cries were captured on audio (and who is still separated from her family).
- Ariana Grande didn't find Pete Davidson's Manchester joke funny, but she defended her boy's intentions.
- Long Island, NY and Long Island, TN are in a fight over who invented the Long Island Ice Tea.
- Be honest: do you throw out your trash in movie theaters, or do you leave it on the floor?
- A New Jersey woman allegedly tried to poison her grandmother by spiking her juice with antifreeze.
- Rich people are insane.
- Keri Russell is in talks to join Star Wars: Episode IX.
- John Liu is reportedly considering making a comeback.
- And finally, this is certainly one way to roll into the weekend:
Extra, Extra: Do You Leave Your Trash In Movie Theaters?
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: