- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Former President Barack Obama released a pointed statement condemning "language coming out of the mouths of any of our leaders" that "normalizes racist sentiments."
- More Democrats are following in Beto's footsteps and calling Trump racist.
- Fox News blamed everything for this weekend's shooting massacres...except guns.
- Legit question for all Americans: "How do I kill the 30-50 feral hogs that run into my yard within 3-5 mins while my small kids play?"
- A swarm of about 25,000 bees were removed from a Staten Island Ferry terminal awning.
- Vulture ranked all 23 Fast & Furious car chase scenes.
- Mitch McConnell broke his shoulder at his Kentucky home.
- Clozapine could save the lives of suicidal schizophrenic people who aren't responding to other treatments. So why are so few doctors using it?
- Does Bradley Cooper...know how to wear sunscreen?
- The East Village smells funkier than usual because the city parks garbage trucks there overnight.
- The new way of telling whether Star Trek movies will be good or bad: The Pine Directive.
- The Strokes will play Barclays Center on New Year's Eve.
- Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are reuniting for a horror-comedy series about ghost hunters.
- A man reportedly hasn’t spoken to his family in years because "he can’t stand the sound of their chewing."
- Mariah Carey was briefly stranded on the Upper West Side, so of course she sang her own song on the street and stopped by Westside Market.
- Business Insider takes a closer look at Jefrey Epstein’s Manhattan apartment building "where underage models, lawyers, and key players in Jeffrey Epstein’s sex-trafficking circle all live."
- And finally, check out this tilt coordination:
like father, like son
(thepetcollective IG) pic.twitter.com/SaZSFrxK41
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) August 5, 2019