- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- James Murphy gets real with Vulture about the LCD Soundsystem reunion and the reason why he broke the band up originally.
- Did you have sex before or after the eclipse?
- John Oliver focused on the United States' long history of mismanaging nuclear waste from energy and military production last night.
- GQ has a great longread on trying to understand Dylann Roof.
- City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito thinks the Christopher Columbus statue at Columbus Circle should be the next to go.
- Watch Bonnie Tyler sing "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" during the eclipse.
- The guy Trump wants to be the United States Department of Agriculture's top scientist has asserted that homosexuality is "a choice," among other things.
- Fixing the subways: a huge pain in the butt, or the biggest pain in the butt ever?
- Sansa, Littlefinger, and various Game Of Thrones people try to explain the frustrating tension between Sansa and Arya.
- A popular Joss Whedon fansite shut down after Whedon's ex-wife wrote an article labelling him a "hypocrite preaching feminist ideals."
- And finally, forget sign spinners, get yourself a dog to advertise your local business:
Extra, Extra: Did You Squeeze In Any Eclipse Sex?
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: