- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Do you remember the 21st night of September? Demi never forgets.
- The NY Times is reporting that Rod Rosenstein suggested last year that he secretly record Trump in the White House to "expose the chaos consuming the administration, and he discussed recruiting cabinet members to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove Mr. Trump from office for being unfit." However, NBC claims Rosenstein was just joking about wearing a wire.
- Hmmm: "A British woman has been questioned by police in Spain after doctors found a dead tortoise inside her vagina."
- Gizmodo reports on a creepy scheme using viral abuse stories and stolen pics to sell diet pills on Twitter.
- The NY Times writes about why women don't report sexual assaults. And The Atlantic talked to teens about the Brett Kavanaugh accusations: "They just keep saying ‘Boys will be boys.’ But I’m in high school—I don’t want that to happen to me."
- Joaquin Phoenix really does wear his clown makeup very well.
- Comedienne Ego Nwodim is the newest cast member of SNL, which also added Alan Linic, Alison Gates, Eli Mandel and Bowen Yang as writers.
- However, Kenan Thompson is reportedly thinking about leaving the show if his new sitcom gets picked up.
- Joe Lhota declared himself a NIMBY over the Brooklyn Heights promenade closure.
- Director Chloe Zhao has been chosen to helm Marvel's The Eternals.
- Think you’ve got a crazy roommate story? At least you don't live in a "Secret Mansion" with a Swedish party planner who turned roommates into "indentured servants."
- A Republican congressman from South Carolina has been criticized for making a sexual assault joke about Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg to make light of the Kavanaugh accusations, saying the 85-year-old was “groped” by Abraham Lincoln.
- Here are seven ways the Village Voice made NYC a better place.
- And finally, we hope you have a wonderful weekend relaxing on the c...ouch:
Attempt no 2 😂
📹: tofficiapembrok pic.twitter.com/5V2f35DgJB
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) September 21, 2018