- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- House Democrats will take floor action in response to controversial remarks made by Rep. Ilhan Omar about Israel.
- House Democrats have also requested documents from 81 people and institutions affiliated with the Trump administration that "detailed the breadth and ambition of a new investigation into possible obstruction of justice, corruption and abuse of power by President Trump and his administration."
- Here is a very honest, very real conversation with director Peter Bogdanovich all about his career and turbulent love life.
- AOC explained why she responds to personal attacks on Twitter: she wanted to "break this fourth wall a little bit" after seeing conspiracy theories that were ignored by politicians start to grow legs.
- A Norwegian paper tracked down a "Tinder Swindler" who has seduced and swindled young women for millions and is a fugitive from justice in several countries.
- Diane from Brooklyn should be the new official NYC weatherperson.
- Despite the fact that the shutdown is over and the White House kitchen is reopen, Trump rolled out more fast food when the North Dakota State University football team visited the White House today to celebrate its title in the Football Championship Subdivision of the NCAA.
- The NY Post reports that a subway rider yelled "you white bitch" as he slashed a random Manhattan woman’s cheek with a razor blade in a Midtown subway station.
- Eddie Vedder performed "Maybe It's Time," the song written by Bradley Cooper's character from A Star Is Born who was based on Vedder.
- Learn how the NY Public Library fills its shelves.
- After suffering a massive stroke last week, actor Luke Perry has died. He was 52.
- Andrea Martin announced that she was exiting upcoming Broadway show Gary after breaking her ribs during rehearsal.
- And finally, what would you say this is a metaphor for?
YES YES YES NOOOO🐕 pic.twitter.com/wzQlUaZhr2
— Puppies 🐶 (@PopularPups) March 3, 2019