- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump announced via Twitter that Secretary Of Defense Jim Mattis is retiring in February, but CNN reports he was forced to resign.
- In response to Trump supporters starting a GoFundMe for Trump's wall, there's now a GoFundMe for "Ladders to Get Over Trump's Wall" that's raised over $25K today.
- A New York judge has temporarily blocked the state's congestion pricing surcharge on taxi and for-hire vehicles.
- Travis Scott is supposed to perform at the Super Bowl Halftime Show with Maroon 5, but apparently Jay-Z is trying to talk him out of it.
- Somewhat overblown headline of the day: "Polyamorous sex is the most quietly revolutionary political weapon in the United States."
- Rolling Stone has a feature on M. Night Shyamalan's big career comeback.
- Huh, so I guess Trump really is going to shut down the government because of Fox News?
- Check out the first besuited trailer for Men In Black: International.
- Headline of the day: "The Itsy-Bitsy, Teenie-Weenie, Very Litigious Bikini."
- An Amazon user in Germany recently requested data about his personal activities and inadvertently gained access to 1,700 audio recordings of someone he didn’t know.
- Kiss guitarist Ace Frehley says Americans should support Trump "or go move to another country," and I assume he's referring to...Kiss Nation?
- Do you get rage from robocalls? Have you ever tried to "get even?"
- Oh god, Planned Parenthood has been accused of discriminating against pregnant employees.
- Mel Magazine thinks going out to eat alone is a power move.
- And finally, WTF is going on back there anyway?
Throw back to the day when my blanky was way whiter and my tail was a lot harder to catch🐶 pic.twitter.com/8CKyZPKPTd
— Puppies 🐶 (@PopularPups) December 20, 2018