- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A brief history of the word "meh," from yiddish to The Simpsons.
- Read the first review of the highly anticipated new Thomas Pynchon novel, Bleeding Edge.
- One in a long list of things you do not want to see crawl out a Starbucks bathroom: snakes.
- J.R. Smith has been suspended for five games for failing a drug test.
- A coffee vending machine was turned into a vodka vending machine.
- A man got a random stranger's face tattooed on his butt because he was feeling, like, connected, and stuff, to the community of the world, like, you know.
- Oh look, a video of Darth Vader riding a unicycle while playing the Imperial March on flaming bagpipes in (WHERE ELSE) Portland.
- A "real!" graffitied MTA poster was put up on eBay for $60.
- A teenager from Brooklyn and two young men from Long Island were charged with raping a female student inside a dorm at Mount Saint Mary College.
- Dozens of dogs that were rescued after a fire ravaged their owner’s Staten Island home have been put up for adoption by Animal Care & Control.
- And finally, this monkey tries to feed its human:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today