- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Great news for film lovers: Criterion Collection is launching their own freestanding streaming service in Spring 2019.
- All might not be well between Trump and Pence—the Times reports Trump has been obsessively asking people lately whether Pence is loyal: "Mr. Trump has repeated the question so many times that he has alarmed some of his advisers."
- Politico takes a close look at the anatomy of a conspiracy theory (focusing on the Las Vegas shooting).
- Choire Sicha's hilarious Work Friend column tackles coworkers' eating habits, Slack skills, and Millennial ageists: "You’re not experiencing discrimination, you’re experiencing teasing and/or meanness... And we know we should be nice to you, if only because Gen Z is going to die working in the Jeff Bezos Memorial Limb-Growing Factory on a freezing, burning Earth while being whipped by racist robot overlords. If it helps, remember we’re jealous that you can eat anything you want."
- What is the true price of being super awesome cool? Find out by reading this NY Times article about a Massachusetts teen addicted to Juul.
- A pizza-loving dog in Mexico City has apparently been given so much free pizza, he now wears a tag that reads, "Do not give me pizza, thank you."
- Instead of fighting for meaningful, stricter gun laws, some schools are teaching students how to stop their fellow classmates from bleeding to death during school shootings.
- Thrillist found what they called the best burger place in the country—months later, that place went out of business. Now they're trying to figure out what happened.
- Twenty-three people suffered minor injuries when a bus and a fire truck collided in the Bronx.
- The Chainsmokers have been listening to Beach House, which you can tell because they named their latest single "Beach House," and include the line, "Listening to Beach House, taking my time."
- A horrifying neo-Nazi video game lets users kill LGBT people and minorities to save Donald Trump.
- NYC investigations commissioner Mark G. Peters has been fired by de Blasio.
- Trump made some creepy, gross remarks about Antonin Scalia's sex life at the Presidential Medal of Freedom ceremony today.
- Melania Trump incurred $174,000 in hotel bills during her day trip to Toronto last year, even though she did not stay overnight.
- And finally, this is what my cheeks were made for:
those chubby cheeks 😂
📹: im_gonna_be_frank pic.twitter.com/Xp9ewtpZsJ
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) November 16, 2018