- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Mel Gibson really is trying to make a movie about Jewish hero Judah Maccabee.
- The Situation says that Abercrombie & Fitch is ripping off his essence.
- Cops seized 14 guns in Brooklyn on Labor Day, including an AK-47 loaded with 27 hollow-point bullets.
- A disabled Iraqi war vet who was tossed from the Times Square McDonald's because he brought in his service dog is suing.
- Pregnant Beyonce is craving some Oreo cookies, gherkins, ice cream with hot chilli sauce, and she "loves dipping bananas in ketchup."
- Schools Chancellor Dennis Walcott got a Fudgie the Whale cake for his birthday at a Staten Island school.
- Police discovered an unresponsive 14-year-old boy in a 1,100-square foot Illinois home, filled with more than 200 animals.
- Sex therapists are increasingly encouraging female patients to have sex with "surrogate partners."
- Jim Carrey popped by Arlene's Grocery in the LES to perform Radiohead's "Creep" during his continuing quest to seem totally crazy.
- And finally, for some reason, Kathy Griffin stripped down to her skivvies for a window worker.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today