- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- So it begins: orcas are attacking boats off the coasts of Spain and Portugal.
- Video shows what is believed to be a rare Hudson River shark sighting.
- 50 years after winning NYC's first marathon, 80-year-old Gary Muhrcke returned to Central Park for a commemorative run. What did you do today?
- Former mayor Mike Bloomberg says he'll spend at least $100 million in Florida to help Joe Biden win the crucial swing state.
- A global pandemic that's killed nearly 200,000 people in the United States alone isn't going to stop college kids from partying.
- The New Yorker's Steve Coll considers "the centrality of race and racism" in the Electoral College's "staying power."
- Israel will go on nationwide lockdown on Friday during the High Holy Days for at least three weeks in an attempt to slow a surge in coronavirus cases.
- Jezebel presents "incontrovertible video proof that the gender binary hurts men too."
- Despite displaying press credentials, LAist/KPCC reporter Josie Huang was arrested while covering a small protest outside a hospital where two police officers were taken after being shot in Compton.
- Is it possible the universe is too thin?
- An independent judge's review of the Justice Department's reversal in the prosecution of Trump crony Michael Flynn deemed the affair a "corrupt and politically motivated favor unworthy of our justice system."
- And finally, you're not a real New Yorker until you've experienced this on the subway:
Extra, Extra: College Kids Keep Partying Like They're Immune To Coronavirus
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: