- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Trump has revoked the security clearance of John Brennan, the former CIA director who has been a fierce critic of the president.
- Erykah Badu had a very memorable Tiny Desk Concert.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez isn't waiting to get to Congress to start to use her political capital now.
- Twitter is apparently "experimenting with features that would promote alternative viewpoints in Twitter’s timeline to address misinformation and reduce 'echo chambers,'" which sounds like it has the capacity to blow up in everyone's faces.
- Jason Kessler, one of the Unite The Right organizers, got humiliated by his father during a live stream.
- Check out the second trailer for Steve McQueen's upcoming movie Widows.
- Could climate change ruin the Bloody Mary?
- Keri Russell & Adam Driver are coming to Broadway in a revival of Lanford Wilson's Burn This.
- Musician and producer Robert Glasper accused Lauryn Hill of mistreating her band members and claimed that she effectively stole the music on her debut album, The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill, profiting off other musician’s ideas and work.
- Wes Anderson is reportedly making a musical (in France) next year.
- According to a new study on online dating, researchers determined that "while men’s sexual desirability peaks at age 50, women’s starts high at 18 and falls from there."
- In a very expected move, SNL is not bringing back Luke Null next season.
- And finally, treat yourself to a strawberry after work:
🎥 miyusun1208 pic.twitter.com/Z5s4eZ6FdA
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) August 15, 2018