- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Attorney General William Barr clashed with Democrats during a contentious hearing today in which he defended the Justice Department's deployment of heavily-armed federal agents to cities and the use of militarized force against protesters. But was he telling the truth about the protesters?
- Governor Andrew Cuomo offered New York as a place for MLB to move all the teams and games to, but I'm not sure he actually talked to anyone else about this.
- Universal and AMC have reached a deal to allow new movies to be available on demand after 17 days in theaters (it used to be 70 days), which could change the entire industry.
- Russian intelligence services have been spreading disinformation about the coronavirus pandemic on various fake websites.
- Here is a graph showing how the impending eviction crisis will hurt some states more than others.
- Joe Biden said that he will choose his vice president next week.
- A giant smiley face and/or The Comedian's badge from Watchmen was projected onto the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Speaking of Watchmen, the brilliant HBO series pulled in 26 Emmy nominations this year. Read all the nominees here, then read about all the snubs and surprises here.
- A newly developed blood test for Alzheimer’s, which has the potential to make diagnosis simpler, more affordable and widely available, "has diagnosed the disease as accurately as methods that are far more expensive or invasive."
- Listen to "Whole New Mess," the first single from Angel Olsen's upcoming album Whole New Mess, a stripped-down companion to last year's wonderful All Mirrors.
- And finally, this chatty dog knows he isn't the alpha:
Extra Extra: Cuomo Wants Every Baseball Game Played In New York
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: