- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Times reports that the Trump administration is using the Defense Production Act to redirect masks manufactured by 3M in other countries to the United States "as a part of a heated pressure campaign against the Minnesota company to cut off sales of surgical masks abroad."
- All throughout the coronavirus crisis, Vice argues that the rich have been "accidentally making the argument that they need less money as soon as possible."
- The Wing told workers this morning that it was laying off nearly all of its hourly employees and half of its corporate staff: "Now, we simply don't know when or even if we’ll be able to reopen again," said co-founder Audrey Gelman.
- The mask market is in bedlam right now: "Hospitals, governments, do-gooders and hucksters are all competing. Scams and prices are soaring."
- Saff Saffery, who got his arm ripped off by a tiger on Tiger King, talked to Esquire about leaving the zoo business, being misgendered on the docu-series, and what it got right about Joe Exotic.
- When an emergency room doctor traveled from New Hampshire to battle the coronavirus in New York, he moved into his brother's building... until the co-op board told him to scram.
- Adam Sandler debuted his "Quarantine Song" on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
- In addition to shutting down The Outline, Bustle Digital Group has laid off other staffers and announced widespread pay cuts today.
- Disney announced they are pushing back almost all their films over the next year.
- The best thing you can do for your own mental health today is give someone a pep talk.
- And finally, this is a very patient kitty:
Extra Extra: Adam Sandler Has Written A "Quarantine Song" Anthem
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: