- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Thirteen people, associated with the militia group "Wolverine Watchmen," were charged today in an alleged domestic terrorism plot to kidnap Democratic Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.
- Is NYC headed for a second wave of coronavirus infections? The Times looks at key signs of it.
- President Donald Trump sent a message out to seniors telling them they're not vulnerable, but they are vulnerable, and also he's cured of coronavirus even though there is no cure for coronavirus, and also did you know he's a senior too: "I’m a senior. I know you don’t know that. Nobody knows that."
- In the far-flung future, my great grandchildren will gather round me to ask, "Grandpapa, was there any great art made during the pandemic," and my eyes will tear up, I shall look into the distance, and I will say two words: "Fatman trailer."
- Watch the first teaser trailer for Netflix's upcoming David Fincher film and Oscar shoo-in, Mank.
- Straphangers are complaining about subway delays, NYC is back, baby!
- These people bought the iconic diner from Twin Peaks. And a few weeks later, COVID happened.
- Notre Dame students and faculty are trying to push out president Rev. John I. Jenkins after he attended the nomination ceremony for Amy Coney Barrett at the White House Rose Garden without a mask, and ended up getting COVID.
- There's a lot of really sad and difficult news stories out there today, and then there's this headline: "Brad Parscale cried during arrest, told officers his wife won’t have sex with him."
- Young whales are apparently drawn to New York because of "an abundance of the small fish they love to eat."
- We're going to be getting a side dish of Dr. Strange to go along with our next Spider-Man film.
- Listen to "Chismiten," Tuareg guitarist Mdou Moctar's awesome first single for his new label, Matador Records.
- And finally, I mean, if a cat randomly fell on your head, wouldn't you take the day off of work?
Extra Extra: Straphangers Complain About Subway Delays, NYC Is Back!
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: