- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Stanley Cup rode Metro-North.
- Carrie Coon, who stars in two of the best returning shows on TV (Fargo and The Leftovers), is a national treasure.
- You need more Fast And The Furious content in your life, so learn about how the franchise kept the memory of Paul Walker alive, how the Vin Diesel/The Rock feud affected the new movie, and how Corona became the official beer of the series.
- Trump's base is starting to turn on him.
- Mike Judge gets the NY Times profile he deserves.
- Republicans are pulling support from a South Jersey pol after video of him drunkenly propositioning a woman circulated.
- Giants quarterback Eli Manning was allegedly involved in a scheme to sell phony game-worn gear.
- Is Eddie Murphy really making a Coming To America sequel (presumably titled Coming 2 America)??
- The United States dropped the “mother of all bombs”—the largest conventional bomb in the American arsenal—on an Islamic State cave complex in Afghanistan.
- Cosmo asked a Harvard poetry professor and a doctor to decipher a particularly nonsensical Chainsmokers lyric: what does it mean to f**k someone back to life???
- No big deal or anything, but astronomers have an image of the “bridge” that ties galaxies together.
- And finally, some days you are the rock, and some days you are the red panda trying to pick a fight with the rock:
闘うじゃじゃじゃ😍#姫路セントラルパーク #じゃじゃ #レッサーパンダ pic.twitter.com/tkrJZmKXLY
— パプアくん (@pro824824824) September 3, 2016