- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Gordon Sondland, the United States ambassador to the European Union, apparently just remembered during his testimony before Congress today that Trump did in fact pull a quid pro quo on Ukraine, what timing!
- Colin Farrell is in talks to play The Penguin and Andy Serkis is in talks to play Alfred in the upcoming The Batman film.
- The NY Times takes you on a dark journey into the undecided hearts of undecided voters.
- As G/O Media execs discovered this weekend, blogging is not easy.
- Three former Deadspin writers/editors—Megan Greenwell, Barry Petchesky and Tom Ley—reflect on what happened with the new owners, and what the site's legacy is: "It’s a site about aging, and about how we’ve all grown up, either from the inside or watching the site grow and come to its own awareness of other people out there in the world."
- A Queens landlord has agreed to pay $1 million for wrongly refusing to rent apartments to people who were previously incarcerated.
- The LA Times did power rankings for instant ramen.
- Oh great, now Generation Z is killing "ruin porn," is nothing sacred?
- The Onion does it again: "NYC Opens $500 Million Decoy Subway Station To Catch Turnstile Jumpers."
- Here's a good essay on the rise of bubble tea and how it became "far more than just a drink to young Asian Americans."
- This (somewhat) brilliant dog uses a custom-made soundboard to communicate with her owner.
- Christina Randall wanted to become a social worker once she got out of jail—she ended up becoming a YouTube star with videos about life in prison and the challenges of re-entry.
- Alanis Morissette will perform Jagged Little Pill in full at the Apollo Theater next month.
- And finally, this dog and I agree that whatever you think of Post Malone, "Sunflower" is a great jam:
Extra Extra: G/O Media Executives Discover Blogging Ain't Easy
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: