- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- CNN writes that Donald Trump's insistence on calling COVID-19 "the Chinese virus" in recent days is a purposeful dirty trick: "When Donald Trump wants to rally his base and distract from his many screw-ups, he falls back on one thing: xenophobic racism."
- These spring breakers don't want to let a little thing like coronavirus get in the way of them partying. Same with these ones!
- If you happen to run into someone who doesn't think COVID-19 is worse than the flu, just send them this link.
- A Japanese flu drug has proven to be effective in treating coronavirus in early trials.
- A new report indicates that the coronavirus could put more than 750,000 downstate New Yorkers into area hospitals.
- Here was something that delighted me today: Seth Rogen live tweeting watching Cats for the first time.
- Getting stuck indoors because of the virus can be complicated—especially if you're stuck at your girlfriend's boyfriend's place.
- BuzzFeed has a great list of 13 museums you can virtually visit now.
- Pitchfork reports on how coronavirus is devastating NYC's nightlife community.
- Abandoned mattress asks: remember when bedbugs were our biggest fear?
- After two days at Rikers, Harvey Weinstein has been moved to Elmira Correctional Facility.
- Vanity Fair reports that Trump is finally aware of how dangerous coronavirus is, and he's particular mad at Jared Kushner: “I have never heard so many people inside the White House openly discuss how pissed Trump is at Jared,” a former West Wing official said.
- Playboy's next issues will be its last one this year—and possibly forever.
- And finally, this video legitimately made me laugh out loud when I first saw it, let it be a blessing for you:
Extra Extra: These Spring Breakers Won't Let A Deadly Virus Stand In The Way Of Partying
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: