- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Hawaiians think that a "bright blue, glowing, oblong" saucer that apparently hovered over the skies of Oahu, Hawaii last week was indeed a UFO. The truth is out there.
- For a condescending social media rant that revealed anti-Semitic tweets, Seattle guitarist John Roderick, a.k.a. the "Bean Dad," has deactivated his Twitter account. "My parenting story’s insensitivity and the legacy of hurtful language in my past are both profound failures. I want to confront them directly," he wrote on his website. Roderick declined to show his 9-year-old daughter how to properly use a can opener.
- The IRS and the estate of the late music icon Prince can't seem to agree on how much the pop singer is really worth. While Prince's estate administrator says $82.3 million, the IRS estimates the estate to be double.
- It was inevitable that we'd get a movie about the pandemic, and HBO Max brings you one starring Anne Hatheway and Chiwetel Ejiofor, mixing COVID-19's pandemic with a dash of jewelry heist.
- Is this what social media influencers fight about: naming their babies "Baby"? That's the feud between Instagram personalities Jessica Hart and Sasha Benz.
- COVID-19 has caused New Yorkers to snort less cocaine these days, opting instead for marijuana, according to a survey by the NYU Langone Health Center that found 78.6% of those surveyed were snorting less.
- Where in the world is China's second richest man?
- And finally, here's the golden retriever who can't help but put a smile on your face:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all