- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Has America learned anything from the biggest failure of the pandemic—the assumption that Americans would magically band together and listen to experts to fight a major national threat?
- Looking for a real estate steal? Apartments in Trump buildings are hitting their lowest prices in decades because most people don't want to live in a place with Trump's name on it.
- Speaking of places that don't want to be involved with the name Trump, Donald Trump will be banned from Facebook for at least two more years.
- More than 100 prominent NY Times staffers signed a letter opposing an increase to their union dues, which has sparked class warfare in the building: “These are people who don't give a shit about actually helping other people. It’s the most Times-y form of liberalism you can think of."
- A new "mystery illness" is spreading around the U.S. You may have heard of it—it's the common cold.
- The New Yorker is a big fan of the "unexpected beauty" of COVID hair, which I think is a compliment but could also be a backhanded-compliment.
- Have you been thinking about adopting a cat? Would you consider going to a remote island in Brazil to rescue one?
- This urban explorer says he started scaling buildings and bridges to help ease his PTSD—and now he's facing more than 25 years in prison.
- The Linda Lindas made their late night TV debut on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- It's new music Friday, and there are some real treats this week: if you only listen to one new album this week, make it Japanese Breakfast's Jubilee, one of the best indie albums of the year; but you also don't want to miss out on Liz Phair's really solid new album Soberish and Rostam's second solo album Changephobia; there are also new singles from Porridge Radio, Jessie Ware, Lump and a previously unreleased Prince song that sounds like a dead ringer for Curtis Mayfield, what more could you want.
- And finally, have you ever seen a baby rhino get brushed?
Extra Extra: The Biggest Real Estate Bargain Right Now? Trump Building Apartments
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: