- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- So cute!!! A kayaker in California paddled along with a blue whale next to him.
- In discussing its crime stats, the Post reports that Metro-North's spokeswoman said that "murders on trains 'might make for a good Agatha Christie novel,' but they are nonexistent" on the commuter line.
- The Israeli soldier held captive by Hamas for five years was returned to Israel, in exchange for over 1,000 Palestinian prisoners.
- Why is Newsies a cult hit?
- Only in Texas: A man allegedly beat a woman with a frozen armadillo.
- Apparently, Calvin Klein doesn't do commercial flights, because customs officials come to him.
- John Wayne Gacy's unidentified victims are being exhumed and their DNA will be tested.
- In life imitates "The Big Lebowski" news, "Police have arrested a borough man for burglarizing a motor vehicle and defecating in the backseat of the car."
- Various ways NYC school teachers and principals allegedly helped their students cheat on standardized tests.
- Fred Armisen doesn't care that Mayor Bloomberg wasn't into his SNL impression.
- And Lemony Snicket on Occupy Wall Street.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today