- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Here's a look inside three detention centers in which children have been separated from their families and locked in cages.
- ProPublica has obtained audio from inside a U.S. Customs and Border Protection facility, in which children can be heard wailing while a Border Patrol agent jokes, “We have an orchestra here.”
- Ann Coulter smeared immigrant kids as "child actors."
- For conservative Christians, this isn't the most important issue because "the brutal headlines of children torn from hysterical parents are weighed against other concerns, chief among them the religious liberty of social conservatives on issues of traditional marriage and abortion."
- What the Trump administration is doing separating thousands of children from their families, then disavowing all responsibility, is unconscionable—instead of inhaling Trump's lies, listen to the stories of those families.
- Trump administration officials thought family separations would deter immigrants—they haven't.
- Here are ways you can help out, whether through donations, protests or other support.
- But also stay vigilant, because Politico reports that this is just the beginning of a bigger Stephen Miller-led crackdown on immigrants.
- A Texas detention officer has been charged with "super aggravated sexual assault" of a 4-year-old girl after authorities say her mother, an undocumented immigrant, was being blackmailed to stay silent about the abuse or face deportation.
- The Outline spent 24 hours at the Crown Heights Dunkin' Donuts.
- A top Trump aide is allegedly linked to a sex cult.
- A 5-year-old accidentally destroyed a sculpture and now his parents owe the city $132K.
- And finally, this cockatoo in Central Park thinks it's a dog:
Extra, Extra: Audio Reveals Border Patrol Agents Joking About Distraught Immigrant Kids In Detention
A new Gothamist is coming! We’ve moved comments over to our beta site. Click here to join the conversation and get a preview of our new website.
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: