- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Hugely influential NY Times editor Arthur Gelb passed away today at the age of 90.
- More of those outdoor solar cell phone charging stations are coming to NYC this summer.
- This wall of 3-D robotic penises is different from your usual wall of 3-D robotic penises in that it also visualizes the vicissitudes of the stock market.
- NYU is real sorry if any abused workers on its newly completed Abu Dhabi campus were "not treated in line with the standards we set."
- Classic and sorely-missed West Village literary "speakeasy" Chumley's, which has been struggling to reopen for years, is no better than a brothel, one NIMBY neighbor alleges.
- One drunk Texas mom won the Internet's Mugshot of the Day contest.
- A North Carolina man is accused of living inside a 14-year-old girl's closet for five days while he repeatedly molested her.
- A 13-year-old boy was arrested with this crazy knife-handgun thing by Rockaway Boulevard today.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all