- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Nancy Pelosi finally agrees that it's impeachment (inquiry) time.
- Trump says the White House will release the transcript of his call with Ukraine's president, but without the whistleblower report.
- Is Banksy coming back to NYC this weekend? Probably not, but you never know!
- How did NXIVM leader Keith Raniere get so many intelligent women to join his cult? By embracing "lean in" culture and "female empowerment."
- Despite 20 women accusing him of sexual harassment, Plácido Domingo has not been suspended by the Met because the AP's reporting on the harassment lacked "corroboration."
- WeWork co-founder and Chief Executive Adam Neumann is expected to step down after a damning WSJ report last week.
- The Marshall Project examines how the U.S. created the world's largest immigration detention system.
- RIP Robert Hunter, the longtime collaborator and lyric writer for the Grateful Dead.
- After cleaning up at the Emmys, Phoebe Waller-Bridge has signed a $20 million/year overall deal with Amazon.
- What is the angry goose game and why has it swept the nation?
- Speaks-for-itself headline of the day: "Billionaire Threatens to Sue YouTuber For Calling Him 'Fatty McFuckhead' and Photoshopping Him as Trump's Baby."
- Man Bites Dog Walker.
- Vulture has a nice piece looking back at the importance of the nurses on ER.
- Glenn Howerton went through his favorite episodes of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia with Vice.
- A walrus who was defending her cubs sank a Russian Navy boat in the Arctic Ocean.
- And finally, nobody knows what's going on here:
Extra Extra: Pelosi Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry
Recent in News
Featured in News
"It puts more of a burden on New York — puts more of a burden on 49 other states."
Read More In: