- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- In a reminder that not all suburban bear stories end happily, a black bear killed and ate a Connecticut family's pet donkey.
- Even being Martha Stewart is no defense against someone pulling a dine-and-dash on you during a date.
- The New York Times has discovered sapiosexuals.
- Welcome back, DUMBO Boulders.
- Cops are after a teenager who's suspected of trying to rape an 11-year-old boy in a Bronx park.
- Ariana Grande made a surprise visit to injured fans in a Manchester hospital.
- Panic City is in full effect in Flushing...is Chicago next? (God I hope so)
- Donald Trump's large son Donald Jr. has some theories he'd like to share with you.
- And finally, it's bad out there, yes. But at least we've got a new song from A Giant Dog:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today