- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Republican Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski told the Times that she is taking Christine Blasey Ford's accusations of sexual assault by Brett Kavanaugh very seriously: "We are now in a place where it’s not about whether or not Judge Kavanaugh is qualified," she said. "It is about whether or not a woman who has been a victim at some point in her life is to be believed."
- The Philadelphia Flyers' hilarious new googly-eyed monster/mascot Gritty is perfect just the way it is.
- Padma Lakshmi wrote an op-ed for the Times about being raped at 16 and why she didn't report it.
- Dad jokes are truly the highest form of humor.
- Dunkin' Donuts is just Dunkin' now.
- Patti Smith writes about Little Women for The Paris Review.
- The Mets may have been a disappointment yet again this season, but at least Mets fans had Gary, Keith and Ron to comfort them.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story gets the Honest Trailer it deserves.
- Lil Wayne says Tha Carter V is really truly coming out this week.
- Morning Joe's Mika Brzezinski wrote about making 14 times less than her male cohost in a book excerpt on the gender pay gap.
- Lil Xan, a rapper you've probably never heard of, says he was hospitalized for eating too many Flamin' Hot Cheetos.
- And finally, it's very important to have an assistant when washing the dishes:
making sure there's no crumbs left
📹: lifeofscout_ pic.twitter.com/QqZUjfbUve
— Cute Emergency (@CuteEmergency) September 25, 2018