- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Trump administration said it would not include a citizenship question for the 2020 census, a week after its efforts were temporarily blocked by a narrow Supreme Court ruling.
- Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez called the conditions at U.S. migrant detention facilities “horrifying” after touring them this week: "Are we headed to fascism? Yes. I don’t think there’s a question."
- Kobayashi and Joey Chestnut are the subject of a new 30 For 30 doc about their rivalry.
- NRA donors are starting to turn on Wayne LaPierre.
- In case you don't know this, Shanghaiist remains the best website in the world: "These seven girlfriends made a pact to retire and die together, and they’ve already built a house where it will all happen."
- The Washington Post has some tips on how to cut your airport arrival time as close as possible.
- John Hickenlooper's campaign is on life support.
- Mayor Bill de Blasio showed up 41 minutes late for a live TV interview, which he blamed on his alarm clock.
- Should Macy's build a giant tower in Herald Square, which is already one of most congested neighborhoods in the city?
- What if marriage is not the social good that so many believe and want it to be?
- Vanity Fair has a deep dive on Instagram influencer moms from Australia who sound like they're straight out of Big Little Lies.
- And finally, someone can't wait to play!
i can't wait to play with you
(napa_knowhow IG) pic.twitter.com/XXZJ85BojS
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) July 2, 2019