- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The NY Post spotted disgraced ex-Congressman Anthony Weiner at a Bronx halfway house, where he accepted a food order and reportedly left a "paltry" tip.
- The trailer for the final season of Veep dropped today; the first episode airs on HBO March 31st.
- The Times looks at how biologists are trying to save bats from the spread of a devastating, deadly fungus.
- A four-alarm fire ripped through a Clinton Hill building earlier this morning.
- Also this morning, a Brooklyn pedestrian found a dead fetus on the sidewalk.
- Writing for the New Yorker, Colin Moynahan explores how heavy metal music is confronting its "Nazi problem."
- There will be a protest in Union Square tonight against President Donald Trump's declaration of a National Emergency to fund his border wall.
- Meanwhile, some Trump restaurants in NYC have been cited by the Health Department for vermin and unsanitary conditions. Sad!
- City Council Speaker Corey Johnson has apologized to the NY Times for criticizing their initial reporting on the Jussie Smollet incident.
- The Atlantic examines how the embattled top Democrats in Virginia are clinging to power.
- Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller III has subpoenaed the director of the controversial data company Cambridge Analytica, which exploited Facebook data for the Trump presidential campaign.
- And finally, happy Presidents Day.
Extra, Extra: Anthony Weiner Is Now Living In A Halfway House
Recent in News
Featured in News
If finalized, the maps could lead to high-profile primaries among veteran lawmakers.
Read More In: