- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Anna Wintour gives a testimonial as to why Christopher Hitchens was such a joy to hang out with.
- A glass-walled, three-story structure with a roof garden may replace Pier 17 at the South Street Seaport.
- Illegal DIY preschool cooperatives in brownstone Brooklyn? You better believe it.
- In case you missed it, here's a dog zen ode to putting your head out the window of your car.
- It turns out that the College of Staten Island employee who died of a heart attack after cops caught him smoking pot in the bathroom was actually a violent fugitive from Texas on the run.
- Rob Lowe's new Lifetime TV movie about Drew Peterson looks awesome, "bitch."
- Nobody is looking forward to this next election campaign.
- Legendary blues singer Etta James has terminal leukemia.
- Quicksilver will no longer have surfing contest on LI.
- Check out this stunning photo, which speaks volumes about the conflict between the NYPD and journalists.
- And finally, here are the ten best kid videos of 2011...allegedly.
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today