- Hundreds of prehistoric fossils — "the bones of great beasts" — were found in the Sierra Nevada foothills.
- Helen Rosner writes for the New Yorker about high status dining, and spicy rigatoni vodka sauce, at Carbone.
- The pioneering Black comedian Paul Money died on Wednesday morning at age 79.
- An alleged insurrectionist who bragged about storming the U.S. Capitol while receiving a teeth cleaning was turned in by a fellow patient.
- The Baffler takes a very sharp knife to Malcolm Gladwell's latest book.
- A Harvard epidemiologist breaks down what really happened when all those vaccinated Yankees players got COVID.
- With a Supreme Court battle looming, Texas just passed one of the nation's strictest anti-abortion measures.
- J.J. Abrams is bringing a new animated Batman series to HBO.
- And finally, stop looking at me like that it's freaking hot out:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all