- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- A pair of Kent State students will finally meet after three years of texting after they were matched on Tinder—and now the dating app is sending them to Hawaii for their first date.
- One person is dead and eight others were injured in a crash on the Grand Central Parkway.
- The healthcare repeal vote was put on hold because Senator John McCain is undergoing surgery.
- An off-duty NYC Correction officer was charged with public lewdness after someone allegedly saw him fondling himself on a Staten Island street.
- Look at this humpback whale breaching!
- A Democratic NYC Council Member's donation to an anti-abortion group is being highlighted by a challenger.
- Former FBI Director James Comey is writing a book.
- Star Wars IX director Colin Treverow is defending his work after the Book of Henry thing.
- And one day, we hope you have a dance partner as awesome as this:
me at any party: pic.twitter.com/pdVcAgIBxl
— Animal Gifs 🐾 (@BabyAnimalGifs) July 14, 2017