- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Rain-ovation fail: the downtown platform at the MTA’s freshly-renovated 72nd Street subway station on the B/C line flooded this week.
- Artists uploaded a deep fake of Mark Zuckerberg (and other celebs) to Instagram, saying he's in control of billions of people's stolen data and ready to control the future—Facebook previously said it would not delete similar videos under its policies.
- The United States Women's National Team destroyed Thailand 13-0 in their opening match of the World Cup.
- Instagram influencers are flocking to Chernobyl to take sexy selfies.
- Affluent Millennials making six figure salaries are leaving New York, oh no, whatever shall we do!
- The Onion with the headline of the day: "De Blasio Courts Iowa Voters By Winning ‘Largest Candidate’ At Polk County Fair."
- This is what it's like to live with chronic pain.
- Sophia Chua-Rubenfeld, daughter of Yale Law School professor Amy Chua, will clerk for Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, a year after her mother wrote a positive op-ed in defense of Kavanaugh (and after she insisted that she wouldn't apply to clerk for the Supreme Court).
- Breaking news: the United States remains deeply divided.
- Drake wore a $750K "erotic watch" to last night's NBA Finals game and The Cut has some questions.
- And finally, the fastest boop in the west:
fastest catcher in the west
(golden_huck_finn IG) pic.twitter.com/pXbSW21V61
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) June 11, 2019