- Follow Gothamist on Twitter and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- Great news for people who care about Star Wars: Rian Johnson will write and direct at least one, possibly two, of the sequels.
- Queen of cans and jars of beer: Guided By Voices FINALLY gets its own beer, 'Beer Thousand.'
- The NY Times killed the popular Gun List allegedly because they didn't want to pay the writer who painstakingly put it together.
- Here's a brief history of popsicle crimes.
- A perfect Buzzfeed Friday read: horrifying pooping stories.
- Almost every actor in Orange Is The New Black appeared on Law and Order at some point.
- For those who think they can do better: design your own subway lines for major cities.
- These high schoolers made rock and roll history with the first smashed keyboard.
- The Onion: 43 new species of weirdos identified on the NYC subway.
- Somehow not The Onion: watch this video about Camp Grounded, where adults go to get in touch with their irritating inner child.
- And finally, what would you do if an owl got into your apartment and gave you a death stare?
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today