- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- This interview with Stuart Pivar (who at one point reacts to the way the interview is going by declaring: "What have I done?") about his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, Epstein's science parties, and Epstein's pathology is one of the craziest things I've ever read.
- Also: NPR has a report on how Epstein scared off accusers and avoided media attention by paying off reporters, getting stories killed, and in one case, using the severed head of a dead cat to intimidate an editor.
- Gov. Cuomo and Sandra Lee are selling their Mount Kisko home—and that includes his man cave.
- Bob Odenkirk revealed that the Breaking Bad movie has already been shot.
- Missing Posters for Mayor de Blasio have started popping up in Manhattan.
- Has Seattle solved the war on drugs?
- A Michigan city council candidate shocked a public forum when she said she wants to keep "Marysville a white community as much as possible."
- Any day with new New Pornographers and new Missy Elliott music is good in my book.
- Is Succession more of a comedy or a drama?
- Finally, the universe has heard my cries, and someone is turning Serendipity into a TV series.
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has just completed three weeks of radiation treatment at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in the city.
- Megan Greenwell puts on a masterclass in how to write a farewell blog post: "The tragedy of digital media isn’t that it’s run by ruthless, profiteering guys in ill-fitting suits; it’s that the people posing as the experts know less about how to make money than their employees, to whom they won’t listen."
- Evil mom TikTok is good.
- And finally, this is the kind of energy you should take with you into the weekend:
when you don't know what you're doing but you're happy to be involved
(riptidetheretriever IG) pic.twitter.com/kxLkFI1Znp
— Humor And Animals (@humorandanimals) August 23, 2019