- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- This giant bird who killed its owner could be yours!
- In a phone call with Tom Arnold, Michael Cohen privately disavowed responsibility for some of the crimes to which he has pleaded guilty.
- Bridget Anne Kelly was sentenced to 13 months in federal prison for her role in the Bridgegate scandal, and she lashed out at Chris Christie: "Mr Christie, you are a bully, and the days of you calling me a liar and destroying my life are over."
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch creator John Cameron Mitchell interviewed his buddy, nonagenarian jazz legend Marilyn Maye, for an episode of Death, Sex & Money. They discuss her 80 years in show business, losing friends to the AIDS crisis in the 1980s, and why undertakers have no idea how to put on false lashes.
- Democrats are still deeply divided over the question of impeachment.
- Could putting down your phone help you live longer? Yeah, probably.
- The Cut has put together a piece on the best relationship advice 20 people have ever received
- Um, Alexa reviewers can access customer's home addresses.
- Wesley Morris wrote a love letter to romcoms.
- Like I've been telling people for the last two years, The Fate Of The Furious was a documentary.
- Why did strawberry and kiwi become so intertwined with one another in America?
- Intense headline of the day: "New York Times Washes Justin Gimelstob's Balls, Sees No Issue With Balls-Washer's Conflict Of Interest."
- Is cold grocery store sushi respectable now?
- And finally, this just killed me a little (in the good way):
Namik is a blind cat. He isn’t mine, but apparently when the owner plays my videos, he listens and cuddles like this. Animals are so full of love... They feel everything so beautifully... If you want to taste real, unconditional love, definitely adopt a pet 🙏🏼🙂 pic.twitter.com/BzC0ibKmw7
— Sarper Duman (@sarperduman) April 23, 2019