- Follow Gothamist on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat, and like us on Facebook. You can also get the top stories mailed to you—sign up here.
- The Wall Street Journal profiles a couple who left Manhattan and spent $3.25 million to build their kids a vast playland in South Dakota.
- Kushner Companies used some handy workarounds to get its posh Jersey City development designated as part of a high unemployment area to grease its visas-for-investment scheme.
- White House staff are waiting for other shoe to drop with Comey.
- New Mutants will be a horror film set in the X-Men universe.
- The Trump Soho is laying off employees.
- Read Joan Chen's pitch to David Lynch to bring back Josie Packard to Twin Peaks.
- TJ Miller is leaving Silicon Valley after season four finishes.
- Justin Bieber has been taking boxing classes at a gym in Manhattan this week.
- The last stage of capitalism is when luxury condos pay tribute to the "graffiti mecca" they replaced with terrible logos.
- FX Chief John Landgraf still isn't sure whether Louis C.K. will make more episodes of Louie in the future (but the door is open).
- Very legit question: why are doughnut boxes pink?
- And finally, behold the world's biggest bunny:
We rely on your support to make local news available to all
Make your contribution now and help Gothamist thrive in 2023. Donate today