2007-09_cpfire.jpgA two-story home in College Point was engulfed by a quickly spreading fire yesterday evening. A 70-year-old woman told WNBC that the television exploded at 22-47 128 Street. She said, "We were in the house, the fire broke, we ran like anything els. We grabbed one animal, but we left the birds and the other dog. So we ran out."

Witnesses saw the upstairs neighbor "dangling his 5-year-old son and 14-year-old daughter out a window," while another resident said, "Once the firemen broke through the roof, flames went up 60 to 70 feet." The fire also spread to a neighboring house.

Utilities shut off gas and electricity to the area and more than 100 firefighters responded to the fire. Ten firefighters were injured, as were four residents, including one woman who broke her leg when she jumped out of a window; all the injuries were describing as minor and not life-threatening.