Less than a week after FDNY Commissioner Salvatore Cassano's son resigned from the EMS due to a series of hate-filled tweets, another EMS member has been exposed for the same sloppily-concealed, public hatefulness. EMS Lt. Timothy Dluhos, 34, was confronted by the NY Post with his racist, anti-semitic, sexist, and anti-Asian tweets on Friday—and he broke down crying. “There has got to be a lot worse out there than me,” he insisted. “My life is ruined. Oh, my God. I’m so sorry.”
Dluhos, who works at EMS Station 57 in Bedford-Stuyvesant, used an image of Hitler (holding a dino) as his profile picture and tweeted under the handle "Bad Lieutenant;" his bio reads, "Pure filth. I'm that guy mommy warned you about. (And by the way, thats a bucket of cookie dough shes eating.)." Dluhos, a 12-year veteran of the EMS who was promoted to lieutenant in 2006, had over 800 followers who got the privilege of reading his often profane and hateful tweets, sandwiched between lots of "#FatLadyTweets." The account has since been deleted, but the Post offers this sample of some of the more offending ones:
- “I’m going to give up racial insults for Lent,” he tweeted Feb. 12. “Jesus that didn’t [last] too long. F--ken chinks can’t drive.”
- While giving what he called a “hood tour” of the Bedford-Stuyvesant area he serves, he posted photos of a housing project, fried-chicken joints and a strip club. “Real nasty place,” he tweeted Feb 23. “I’ve been there.”
- “Hahaha! I work with the coloreds,” he wrote in a Feb. 8 exchange. “For 12 years so that s--t just run off on me.”
- “Too bad he didn’t have rabies or AIDS and too bad he didn’t bite King Heeb’s face off,” he tweeted on Groundhog Day, Feb. 2, recalling when the groundhog Staten Island Chuck nipped Bloomberg at an event at the Staten Island Zoo.
- “That’s how King Jew sees it. Ban all guns & shootings will go down in NYC. But it’s the criminals w/the guns,” he ranted Jan. 30.
- A gold Nazi-era pin with a German U-boat and a swastika is “my most prized artifact,” he boasted on Jan. 30.
- He repeatedly Photoshopped an image of an unnamed black teen — putting a Hitler mustache on one photo and a surgical mask on another with the caption, “I’s be a doxter.”
- “My son thinks he’s one of ‘those people,’ ” Dluhos wrote in a caption for a Jan. 29 snapshot of his toddler son wearing pants that sagged below his underwear.
- “But at least I know my taxes go to the ‘undocumented’ citizens and lazy asses who do drugs all day,” Dluhos wrote March 15.
- I’m really a dirty pervert. I see a girl with tight pants on and my eyes immediately focus on her crotch to look for camel toe,” he tweeted March 15. He also posted a photo gallery of naked, obese women.
Dluhos, who was wearing an EMT jacket embroidered with the words “Bad Lieutenant,” tried to explain himself to the Post: “I’ve seen strangers shot and killed. I’ve seen families torn apart by violence. It’s a damn shame that gang members ruin it for hardworking, struggling people,” he said, adding that he doesn't hate minorities or Jews. “My stepfather’s Jewish. I don’t hate anybody.”
Sources told the Post that the FDNY's Bureau of Investigations and Trials is poring over Facebook, Twitter and Instagram looking for members’ offensive posts before anything else gets into the media. But the source added that this attitude is typical: “He is not an isolated case,” a retired EMS veteran said. “He’s a symptom of a sick system. If you work in the city for police, fire or EMS and tell me you’re surprised by this, you’re a liar.”
The Post also informed the FDNY that Dluhos had previously posted numerous online photos of his arsenal of rifles, and tweeted on Friday morning that he had enough firepower to “arm Haiti.” The FDNY say that “the matter is under investigation.”