From the Darren Criss/Glee Flash Mob in Chicago
- Chicagoist dubbed this flash mob from North Halsted Market Days the World’s Saddest and heard it from Gleeks and Darren Criss fans.
- Shanghaiist had a laugh at the insane brawl that took place at a friendly match between Georgetown University and the Bayi Rockets during Vice President Joe Biden’s China visit in which he was applauded for his “noodle diplomacy".
- Bostonist actually defended Senator Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren, a potential 2012 opponent, all at once. President Obama arrived in Massachusetts for his vacation if for no other reason than to annoy Massachusetts Republicans. And, the New England Patriots look ready for prime time after another preseason rout.
- DCist discussed a map which organized the city by stereotypes, and got an early look at the new Martin Luther King, Jr. National Memorial.
- LAist found out a driver who was text-messaging while she fatally struck an elderly pedestrian was sentenced to parole.
- SFist braced itself when Anonymous' protest against BART shut down the transit system (photos and videos here).
- Austinist continues to be baffled by Rick Perry... and by Ron Paul supporters.
- It was a heavily political week at Seattlest, as the King County Council made us wait on a decision that could have set mass transit in the region back 15 years; thankfully, the council came to their senses and Seattle’s Metro dodges a major bullet in the process. After the primaries, in which the controversial deep bored tunnel project was , we found ourselves disturbed by the amount of presumption exhibited by Starbucks CEO Howard Schulz’s recent political maneuverings.
- Gothamist rejoiced when a judge dismissed a lawsuit challenging a bike lane in Brooklyn, but heard from five angry men about why bicyclists suck.