Electricity check; Photo: NY Daily News

Two days after the tragic electrocution death of Jodie Lane, the East Village is worrying about the safety of the streets. The Post reports a man was shocked by a lamppost at 12th Street and Avenue A, and the Daily News says it took Con Ed half a day to respond to an exposed and frayed electrical line on St. Mark's Place. Cautious residents are finding it difficult to know where hot plates (the metal covering electrical lines) are, with the yesterday's snow and with Con Ed's reassurance that everything is safe.

The Daily News has reports that Lane's death was an accidental electrocution.